COVID-19 Response Plan
The health and well-being of our people and clients is paramount. Veterinary services are considered essential services by governments around the world due to the importance of the work veterinarians do in ensuring the welfare, bio security, surgical and emergency services for ill and injured animals.
Our waiting area is now closed
To help us remain fully operational we ask the following:
We’ve introduced a new process
- Arrival, please stay in your car. Cats must be in a cage and dogs on a lead
- Call reception (02) 9351 3437
- One of our nurses will collect your pet outside
- Your pet gets lots of fuss and TLC
- We’ll take your pet into our consultation rooms
- The vet starts the consultation, and calls you for history and to discuss a treatment plan
- Reception will call you to take a phone payment
- Your pet is delivered back to you outside
- If your pet is being admitted to stay with us, a member of staff will greet you for admission and will follow points 1 – 4 above
- Before admission we will email you with a consent form, please complete it and email it back to us before arriving at the hospital
- Payments will be made over the phone prior to discharge
- Discharges will be given via the phone or email to support physical distancing
We are not taking any boarding bookings at this time unless it is an emergency.
In case of an emergency
We are always open 24 hours day to help you. Call us in advance if possible
For self-isolation or unwell clients
If you have any COVID-19 like symptoms or are self-isolating we respectfully ask you to not come to the hospital. We do not want to put our staff or other clients at risk so we will not be consulting with anyone who has these symptoms. Please do phone us if you require vet care and we will find a way to help you.
Other important changes:
- Connect with us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/UVTHS/ to keep up with how we are responding on services as this pandemic develops
- We have put extra hygiene practices in place, all hospital areas are thoroughly cleaned with a disinfectant that effectively inactivates Covid-19
- Call us for initial advice for you and your furry friend and we will guide you from there.
- We encourage over the phone payments to support physical distancing
- We require all consultations to be booked in advance
- For pets with minor health issues, ongoing medical conditions we have a Telemedicine option by video available
- Please phone us to pre-order food and medication, payment will be taken over the phone and you can collect from us. Wait in your car, phone when you arrive, and we will deliver it to you. 24 hours’ notice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you for your ongoing support at this difficult time, we really appreciate it.
We’re in this together
the Team at University of Sydney Veterinary Teaching Hospital